Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Coraline's Sweater


Coraline is a movie I have never seen but I've been doing some research in knitting sweaters in a small scale and happened upon this absolutely amazing video about the woman who knits the little tops that Coraline wears in the movie. Her name is Althea Crome. I wasn't even aware of how much work went into this animated feature to the degree to which there was an actual person in charge of knitting these tiny things! I actually purchased the tiniest double point needles I've ever had about a week ago and they are still no where as tiny as the ones she uses. I nearly went crazy trying to knit them! But I am absolutely floored by her skill! Jeezus! It's just mind boggling!

Maybe I should see Coraline. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had that sweater in real people size! lol

    And yes, I can't imagine trying to knit that crazy. It would drive me bonkers, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a cool movie, one of my daughters faves. It is a bit creepy on the Tim Burton Tip. My daughter has a touch of goth in her!!:D You def should check out the movie!

    ReplyDelete