Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Delicious Bliss Headed my way!




Just a few weeks ago I was having a shop chat with Kyi through flickr mail when she announced to me that she would like to create one of her fabulous Black Blythes in my honor. I nearly flipped. It's still taking me a minute to really believe it. One of the things I love most about Kyi's custom Black Blythes in addition to their sweet girlish charm is their sparkly skin tone. I just love sparkle and glitter and when I see Kyi's girls in photos I am blown away by the shimmery sheen of their tone.

Kyi has been posting process photos of this girl as she designs her for the past few days. She takes some of my favorite progress photos. I just love watching her step by step process. Everything just seems so neat and and clean, organized and perfect! This girl will be on a licca body which I adore! I'm hoping to learn how to paint them more successfully myself as the ones I have attempted for Angora and Neige have been less than adequate.

I have already named the new girl but I will keep the name a secret for now until I see her and her wonderful habitat. Kyi also creates these lovely, detailed little traveling flats for her custom Blythes. I am always in awe of all the attention that goes into these miniature worlds.

I just want to say to Kyi Lynn how deeply thankful I am for this incredibly gracious gesture. Your artfulness, imagination and creativity are a great inspiration to me as well. I am so happy to have gotten to know you through this quirky, crazy, fun hobby that somehow seems to keep feeding us in this unique and constantly renewing way. Here's to the gift of deconstruction and customizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment