Last night I just had this burst of inspiration to start doing some paint design on Martia that I've been thinking about since I first painted her and sent her off to be flocked.
Martia is supposed to be a Martian or space alien and I imagined her in a spacey glittery way with silvery face markings to identify her spacey origins. But I've been hesitating to do it for weeks because I wanted it be perfect and I often had serious doubts about my ability to execute the image I had in my head.
Anyway, for whatever reasons, I just went for it last night and to my delight I was able to do exactly what I had imagined. I hate to sound all esoteric and corny but I swear it almost did itself. I just tried to be nicer to myself around the possibility of mistakes. Sometimes I can become so paralyzed with not wanting to make mistakes in my work that I end up doing nothing at all and that's not good. It's not good for anyone whose instinct is to create things.
So, I'm hoping to be more open to the creativity gods this year and to trust myself a little more when I have ideas because I really love how this turned out. This is just the little alien I had in mind.
: )
Monday, April 8, 2013
Finishing touches on Martia the Martian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment