Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Abbey Bominable



My first and possibly last Monster High "Abbey Abominable" arrived at the beginning of this week! It's so nice to order a doll and get her so quickly when you've been in a bit of a mood lately. It's doll therapy and it never fails. LOL!!

So, I have to say that I'm really loving Abbey's color block pastel hair with thin gold ribbon strands throughout. It's so disco and I love just about anything that is reminiscently 70s. It's one of the reasons I was drawn to this particular Abbey release. That and the fact that she has bangs which I think go a long way towards off setting her wide jawed two fanged under bite in a very flattering way that was hard for me to take in the earlier releases where she has no bangs.

The "Picture Day" release of Abbey Abominable appears to have some cute accessories but unfortunately I have no first hand knowledge of these since I bought her loose and nude on eBay. It was the cheapest one and I'm trying to remain within a budget. I never obsess over their stock anyway because I have plenty of Girl Planet MH gear for them to wear that I like better. I think in this case the only stock piece I miss are the shoes.

One disappointing thing I found about "Picture Day" Abbey's hair is that it is significantly thin and shed a bit while I was combing it. In addition I had to do a bit of trimming on her ends because it's was kind of a wild mess down there. Other than I'm really enjoy playing around with her look and incorporating her into my present MH family.

There are two more MH releases that are blowing me away which I just have to have. I've had my eye on the fierce "Ghouls Rule" Clawdeen for months since last year.  I was on the fence for a bit but after seeing how amazing she looks in close ups, I know that she's next on my wishlist for acquisition in the near future. She would be the third MH Clawdeen in my collection.
"Ghouls Rule" Clawdeen

"Create a Monster" Blob Girl
The second MH release I need is "Blob Girl," part of the "Create a Monster" line which I believe I saw for the first time last week on Pinterest. The one I saw is a custom by Retrograde Works on flickr but the stock girl is pretty amazing in her own right. The entire body is this ambitiously fantastic, translucent like sparkly pink plastic, with a retro styled pink blob bob helmet of hair. I think it's great choice in design for a blob like interpretation that's still pretty, and yet true to the "Blob" identity. It's a total departure in design from anything I've seen Mattel execute previously with a Monster High line and I love it. Every time I see her I fall in love.






1 comment: