Friday, September 6, 2013

BlytheCon NYC Bust?

I saw this last night for the first time in a contacts photo on IG and I thought it was a joke. I thought it was someone's idea of a bad joke and even after reading 300 plus comments in the BlytheCon facebook thread on which this was posted, I still couldn't believe it. I guess I just didn't want to. I still don't. I just feel like of all the things that could have gone wrong during the planning of this event (and I totally anticipated some bumps) this was not the one I was expecting. Of course this is not exactly a bump, It's more like a bomb. *sigh*. Just a day ago Erica was asking people for help to stuff goody bags at the end of this month and I happily offered and was so excited to be apart of any planning efforts for the first Blythecon I would ever attend in my life.

So now this happens. I don't know what to say. Erica has worked so hard on this, and I think it's such a shame but I also am begining to appreciate all the pressure that a undertaking like this requires and I do not envy it. I am thankful to Erica for everything she has done and I really hope that this can be resolved somehow.

1 comment: