Monday, October 28, 2013

Post BlytheCon 2013

Blythecon 2013
BlytheCon NYC my first Blythecon ever has come and gone and I have not posted anything here about it until now! There's just been so much going on with work and school and life. But I just wanted to quickly say how much fun I had both at the pre meet and at the actual event space at 404 NYC. It was such a great space, very well organized and well attended by some of the coolest people you will ever meet. And I can't say how wonderful it was and how inspiring to see so many talented designers, artists local and international and customizers all under one roof. It was a cherished opportunity

I had the good fortune to attend one of three workshops given`that day by Kate "Moofers" on Blythe Doll Scalp re-rooting. Kate is not only a really nice lady, who is easy to talk with, but she also loves what she does and gave a very comprehensive talk describing all the different fibers (she brought samples) used for re-rooting, the best way to care for natural fiber, the best tools and techniques to use to re-root as well as what scalps work best on which Blythe Dolls. That being said, I cannot wait to work on my next re-root! I feel so much more prepared.


No comments:

Post a Comment