Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Traveling Blythe and BytheCon NYC


Verne the Traveling Blythe finally arrived last week! I had so much going on that I didn't have the opportunity to post about it until now. She is a custom designed by Kassandra's Box and her presentation is absolutely amazing. Kassandra does everything from customizing the doll to the box she's in to the tiniest details of her clothes, accessories and plush toys. The details of her traveling box, her Teddy Bear Plushie and her felted mushroom are just incredible. I've had the pleasure not only of  taking her around the city while she's been here but also the honor of taking her along with me to stuff goodie bags at Erica's this weekend! There were hundreds of bags and goodies everywhere and it was great fun to help, even when we were overwhelmed. Erica has given so much of herself to making sure the details of this event goes over smoothly. I think we are all indebted to her for her tireless effort in spite of the unfortunate but brief upset that occurred.

It looks like I may be be handing her to Linda at BCON which is almost a week away. I'm so happy to be taking her to my first BlytheCon ever. I have a list of Vendor tables I can't wait to shop at and a meager but sensible budget to stick to. I'm so excited for this I've actually taken the preceding Friday off and just made it a nice long weekend. I can't say enough about how much I admire the fortitude displayed by the amazing community of Blythe lovers who have managed to keep this show going. I think it's says a lot about the strength of community itself and the love of Blythe. The unifying and positive energy behind this event is something I am very proud and honored to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment