Sunday, December 13, 2009

Perrin's Last Days in NYC






Yesterday was really cold but I was determined to show Perrin a bit more of New York before I plunged myself into finals studying for the weekend. The plan was to try and find that Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park but I was up so early, met Cece to look for some beads to make a necklace and hadn't eaten a thing all day except maybe some cereal. So I just knew I wasn't going to make it to a statue that may or not have been near East 74th Street North of the lake? We just took a bus crosstown to the East Side to check out the Met and then do my favorite hike over to Belvedere's Castle which has become another favorite spot for the Fab 5. Molly came along to keep Perrin Company. We even stopped at Strawberry Fields where the candle was lit in the Imagine shrine.


Also I finally figured out this weekend that Perrin reminds so much of the silent screen actress, Lilian Gish. She has the most expressive, 30s era gamine eyes! It's hard to think of her as just a doll.


By Next Tuesday Perrin will be making her way to Philly. I'm giving her barrettes, the dress from Gina Garan and maybe a hat by Cece to take with her on her journey. It really has been amazing and I can't wait to follow the rest of her adventures in blog entries and pictures around the world.
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment