Initially, Petite Blythes, also made by Takara never did much for me. I generally felt that a smaller version of Blythe was a just a bit much and their overall look kind of freaked me out a bit! Ha! Go figure! Petite Blythes freaked me out but the the full sized ones don't!
Anyway, as with many things I never thought I would be interested it, it's the photography of Petite Blythe collectors that has brought me around finally. I saw one or two incredible pics of a petite "Hollywood Blythe" and kinda flipped at how cute she was in the composition. They're 11.2cm tall and have eyes that close when they're lying down but they do not change colors.
I started looking for one earnestly a few weeks ago. There were maybe three or four I liked and "watched" on ebay and then I saw this one, "Running Deer" Blythe and and kind of fell in love. In addition to her sweet dark eyes, it's that adorable moccasin themed stock that finally won me over. Also, they are mercifully cheaper than full sized Blythe dolls. Although still quite pricey, for a tiny doll, the price does not break my bank enough to have to consider whether I can get to work for the next two weeks after I buy her, which I did, just this morning.
I picked a name for her a few days ago. Her name is Yazhi, which is Navajo for "Little One." I can't wait to meet her!
: )

Great for you! I am just starting out for Blythe and dolls in general. Should I start with a petite or full size?
ReplyDeleteIt's really up to you. I started with full size Blythes because those are the ones I fell in love with initially. I never liked petites until now. But if you happen to like petite Blythes already, they are certainly easier on the wallet than full sized Blythes.
ReplyDelete: )
She's really cute! I don't own any yet, but never say never right?! Some of their stock is really really cute :)
ReplyDeleteYes, trust me, I've noticed, LOL, but I'm planning to start from scratch. Do the wig caps come with the scalps? I'm sort of lost...haha :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think the full sized Blytes come with wig caps. I only have one NRFB Blythe and she didn't come with one.
ReplyDeleteNo...I mean like this thinger here...would it come like this?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thisisblythe.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=5679&category_id=152
I'm pretty positive it would.
Ahh, I see. I've never bought a wig cap before though so I'm not sure if it comes with a scalp.
ReplyDeleteBlythes are so expensive! I'm trying to get one...but ugh...I am BANKRUPT. Ah, well. I made a blog BTW! :o)
ReplyDeleteCool! I can't wait to check it out!
ReplyDelete: )
maybe i need to look at some petitie photography because i just haven't been able to get into them just yet. i they're cute though and you've inspired me to give them a chance :D
ReplyDeleteI understand. I felt exactly the same. "Running Dear" has been my gateway petite. LOL! I hope I love her as much when she finally arrives.I still enjoy looking at pics of her on flickr so I suspect I will.
ReplyDelete: )