This weekend's Blythe Meet hosted by Katja, AKA BlytheOwl on Flickr was so nice! Present, were Katja, her lovely daughter, Frida, Georgette, Katie Dickinson and Katie all who I've met before at previous larger meets. I met Monica, BlytheChic on Flicker (not seen here in the photo because she showed up later in the afternoon) for the first time. She told me how to do gaze correction on RBL Blythes by filing down the t-bar in the eye mech. I tried it when I got home and put Bowie back together and it works! This is why I love Blythe meets! For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about I will explain in detail in my very next entry.
I had heard about gaze correction for so long and had no clue how it worked. But I finally came out of the dark today when Monica explained it. Katie, (she's next to me in the pic and is Linda's lovely daughter. Linda couldn't make it today) is newly pregnant (hurray!) and leaving next week to live in Tokyo with her husband. I love talking film and camera shop with her. She always brings the coolest plastic cameras and she and her husband process their own negatives, something which she had convinced me I can do as well and which I am now totally psyched about! I will miss seeing her at meets but can't wait to see her pictures in Tokyo!
We knit, crotchet, took pictures, worked on Blythe projects and talked until the evening. It was really great. This was my first trip ever to Roosevelt Island and it could not have been an easier trip from where I live in Harlem. Plus the community room in Katja's building is a total dream for Blythe meets! It's fully furnished, brand new, has a kitchen, large flat screen tv which thankfully never got switched on, and a wonderful view! It will definitely not be my last time there.
: )

No comments:
Post a Comment