Sunday, September 25, 2011
How Bowie was Born
Looking at Mango Bowie now, I often forget that she was not even a Simply Mango Blythe to start. She's a hybrid; a Prima Dolly Aubrey whose cute reddish bob I sold and switched for a Simply Mango scalp which I adore and then completely re-did her make-up several times! I sand matted her, carved her lips, gave her freckles, changed three sets of her eye chips and gave her a pair of ultra long two toned lashes which I love and I also feel make her really unique. I sealed her Bowie inspired make-up with MSC and gave her custom pull strings and pull rings. I was a bit scared at first that I'd gone too far her make-up but realized that I had to take some risks making her colors a bit bolder if she was going to have a Bowie like rock chick vibe. I still want to change one of her eye chips in one set of eyes so that she has two different eye colors like David Bowie himself but that's forth coming. For now, she's pretty much done and I am so happy with how she came out. She photographs really well and seems to have an entirely new spirit.
I think that customizing my Blythes or having them customized really makes me feel that they're one of a kind and really my own. What goes into making each one unique really creates a look that brings out a special story in each little face. And that story is ever changing.
I'm really starting to get a hankering to do another custom soon. It just feels so good once it's done and being on flickr all the time looking all the incredible work of Blythe artists every day is so inspiring!
Kyi Lynn, a flickr friend who purchased my book Little Brown Blythe has just completed her own Brown Blythe recently and I just love seeing all her process pictures! Her girl, Evangeline is sooo beautiful! I really love the shade she used on her and her overall vision for Evangeline is just so very sweet and playful! She also happens to be an exceptional photographer and super creative! I so look forward to seeing her images in my Flickr contacts stream. I think she's definitely one to watch for in Blythe land!
: )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I failed to thank you for the incredible compliment Z! I am honored that you would include me and my Evangeline in a post! Thank you again! Xoxo, Kyi
ReplyDelete