Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Blythe Warmers Project
This is the latest poncho I've made for Blythe Warmers, which I really need to set a launch date for because what's happening is this. I make a poncho. I like it. I have another idea for another one and I like that one better which makes the previous one look not that great to me and so on. I have now made about five of them and I like this last one I knit last night while watching "Dancing with The Stars" the best. I like the length of it and I like the flare I get from decreasing stitches as I go. I think it looks adorable and authentic. It's not perfect but it's a huge improvement. I keep wanting to do more though, something fancier, finer. And while this is happening, I am not in fact launching the darn store. I'm just knitting! LOL!! Which I love. But I really need to start setting up shop.
I guess I'm a bit nervous. I've never sold any kind of garments for Blythe before. I feel like I need to start thinking about packaging, branding, that sort of thing. Nothing fancy or expensive of course but even the most basic stuff requires more thought than just stuffing a product in an envelope. But I don't want to get lost in all that either. I'm looking at this initially as just an experiment. I am also hoping that my friend, Cecelia will contribute to Blythe Warmers by making some of her adorable crotchet pom pom hats which I love
Well I'm going to start another poncho now but I swear this will be my last. Okay, maybe one more after that and then I'm going to start taking some product photos and just do this thing. Stay tuned!
: )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh boy! Do I understand what you're going through ... I get like that when I'm designing a new dress. LOL!! Then just when you have it right and want to photograph it ... LIFE GETS IN THE WAY!!!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck with your new venture.
So good to know that some one else understands! I just read your profile. I didn't realize that you also designed doll clothes!
ReplyDelete: D