Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chakra Smile

Chakra Smile by Zanalee
Chakra Smile, a photo by Zanalee on Flickr.
Say hello to Chakra Khan, my first AA petite Blythe! I removed her hair, sprayed her and then let her dry overnight. The nest day I added the powdered flocking on her scalp for hair. For some strange reason the paint on her face dried very rough and speckle like. I'm not sure why since the surface of her face was perfectly smooth. I know that there are optimal temperatures when it is best to use spray paint or dry it or not and that it effects the way it dried but I don't remember what they are and I was totally thrown off by this. So now she looks like she has really bad skin. LOL!!! But other than that, it was so easy to do.

Her body dried perfectly without any stickiness and the flocking was super simple. I just applied some craft glues evenly along her scalp, starting with edges first and and then filling it in. After that shook the flocking powder color I chose on her head over a plastic container to catch the excess and Voila!

I just love this color!! I really wanted to do a deep vibrant red as well but couldn't find that color at Michael's this weekend. So i bought this beautiful blue color along with black. I have another petite donor on the way and plan on doing at least two more so she will have a couple of sisters to play with. Weee!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Doesn't she look terrific in her blue hair ... pity about the skin finish, but hey we are not perfect either. They say practice makes perfect, so your next one should be better. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete