Saturday, December 24, 2011

Whitney Before and After


The original release of the Hollywod Blythe Licca doll had a matte face I believe. And then the second release was shiny. Or vice versa? All I know is there are two versions and my Whitney is the shiny faced one. I adore her to pieces but whenever I see the matte HBs I just fall apart! I love them. Something about that matte surface enhances her soft pastel make-up, serious gaze and just makes her look even more fabulous.



So anyway, I'd been contemplating spray matting her with the MSC for a while but thought I would have to figure out how to take her apart first which I am terrified of doing. After seeing a couple of fabulous matte HBs in Joey and Ole's photostream I just said that's it! I'm going to just do this! I stuffed paper around her eyes, wrapped her body in plastic and her hair in paper towel. I sat her by the window an sprayed a few light layers over her. It was so easy and dried almost immediately! I didn't touch her until the next day though. I have to say, I love Mr Super Clear. It has worked so well for me so far and really does a great job sealing in color. And as I've mentioned before, the matte surface is a dream to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment