Saturday, June 30, 2012

Travel Bags!!! (BLYTHES SUMMER VACAY!)



So I've known for a while, actually for some months that we would be going on vacation in July, to an island where there is beach and sun and sand and sparkling clear water. But I can only take two Blythes with me. It's all I can handle and I don't want to take any chanced taking more.  I'm trying to be really streamlined and this will be the second time I've leaving the country with Blythe but the first time on a plane.

Hamsa and Hendrix are of course the lucky travelers. I might sneak in one more. I'm not sure yet. So I made certain to get a hold of Sewpixie to order a couple of Blythe carry bags. After I hosted Makani and got to spend time carrying her around in a Sewpixie bag on the daily, I realized I had to have one. Her bags are just perfectly made and the design really has the protection of your Blythe in mind. It's made from quilted material which acts as a nice padded buffer between your doll and hard surfaces. Plus there's a little flap inside at the top where her head would be that folds over the dolls face for extra protection against nicks and scratches before you zip her in. You can also stick other small things in the bag with the doll. With Makani, I used to stick the wide tooth comb I use for their hair right behind her and the little camera she came with at her feet. It also does a nice job of keeping the hair in place. On top of all this, Sewpixie also has a great selection of beautiful quilted and non quilted materials to chose from when you custom order your bag.

I chose the one with pink dots for Hamsa because I think she is serious but very cute and the one with the purple, orange and pink flowers for Hendrix because it so beautiful, psychedelic and sweet. They are both en route to me so I guess I'll get them some time next week and just in time too. Now I just need to square away what clothes to bring for them. LOL!!

1 comment: