Sunday, October 7, 2012
My First Blythe Doll Helmets
I'm supposed to be studying for my environmental Science midterm but instead I'm thinking about making more Blythe Doll helmets.
I have a strangely combined nature of easily distracted, bored, discouraged and yet determinedness that I don't all together understand as yet. That's just to say that I spent most of this week crocheting furiously, watching youtube tutorials, doing research in the craft sections at a couple of Barnes & Nobles bookstores, just trying to get a working knowledge of things I thought I understood about crochet's basic stitches. While trying to understand crochet is infuriating to me, it's seemingly endlessly potential to create alternative patterns is fascinating to me and keeps me coming back even when I think I've given up for good. I do tend to get ahead of myself when I'm trying to learn something new so I'm not completely blameless in my frustrations. It's hard for me to start at the bottom when I think I understand something sophisticated about a process.
I don't know how many hats in how many different yarns I started this week before throwing my hands up in exasperation and dropping them because they didn't turn out the way I thought they should. I'm also really bad at following patterns. Yes I will start on one at first and then decide to go my own way, thinking I know better and end up, well...unhappy.
So this Friday I did a simple google search for crochet hat patterns specifically for Blythe Dolls since there are no youtube tutorials that I know of. And I found two really good ones. One of which I will share here is from a blog called "This is a Story About Five Girls". It is the pattern I used to create the Blythe Doll helmets in above which I will put up for sale in Blythe Warmers some time this week.
The pattern is so simple and easy to remember. I was so jazzed that it turned out absolutely perfect! I didn't do the bear ears as this pattern called for although I might try that one day. I simply wanted to get the pattern for the hat itself that it is possible I can start to improvise from there with some measure of confidence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment