Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pretty Blythe Weekend

NYC Blythe Meet
The NYC Blythe meet was at the same location as the last, Cowgirl NYC. I won't be giving them any shout outs in this entry though because they were kind of irritating about reservation size limits and just generally giving the coordinator, Melissa a bit of a hard time. Whatever. It was a small group but a pleasant afternoon and it was good to see some old and new faces.



Ramona Rae and Castaneda at Lenox Coffee in Harlem


Later on that day I was delighted to be a working photographer for my dear friend Cece at her fabulously attended even "Love Songs and Curvy Conversations" at Lenox Coffee. She sang and talked with a packed house about a range of issues affecting curvy and plus sized ladies from clothes and men to online dating and self esteem. It was an amazing night and I was so proud to be apart of it. On Sunday we met at Lenox Coffee again to go over some the press photos I took and she brought Ramona Rae, one of the first Brown Blybe I ever made for her birthday a few years ago. She is now visiting with me and I'll be giving her new pull rings, strings and maybe a few hats and things. Looking at her, I just remember everything that went into making her and how much Cece loved getting her and I'm still really moved by all that. I would love to make another Brown Blybe, but I already have several unfinished custom projects on hold so need to complete those first. But I have some ideas brewing and I'm really excited about them. So stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment