Monday, July 8, 2013

Blythe Gift Exchange!


Hamsa portrait by Katie

We arrived in the city late in the evening last night and I won't even go into how miserable and unbearable the heat was and is in our tiny apartment. Suffice it to say that receiving a sweet gift in the mail from Katie AKA Blythechan helped to cheer me up considerably. She made this sweet little drawing above of Hamsa a few weeks ago as a part of a pay it forward project we announced we were doing this year.

How it works is that you just let people know that the first to respond to your offer will receive something handmade from you at some unknown time during the year. So far I have sent out one hat.This week I will send out a second. I also hope to do something like this here at Born to Blythe, perhaps a raffle of sorts. Stay tuned.

I crocheted my first bear hat!
I made the bear hat seen above for Katie this morning as she is one of the five who responded to my post. I whipped it up right at my desk. I've made tons of hats like this before but never with ears. Those ears really do make a difference and this yarn which we picked up at AC Moore this weekend is so soft and touchable. I hope she likes it! I will try and make one more for Little Brown Blythe this week.
Latas!



No comments:

Post a Comment