Little known fact: I don't usually knit or crochet in the Summer.
Just looking at yarn in the summer makes me hot. I generally reserve knitting and crochet for the colder months and I'm normally very seasonal about what my Blythes wear in photographs. I wouldn't put them in ponchos in July, that sort of thing. But it occurs to me that Blythes don't care about wearing knits in the summer. They can wear whatever they want! LOL!
So I started making a few hats here and there a few weeks ago and it felt really good to get into that rhythm I usually don't experience until it's cold and I want to snuggle inside under a blanket with something warm to drink and a book and a crochet or knitting project. It really does feel good. The yarn I ordered last week was in the office Monday morning. I think I may have made two hats just sitting at my desk yesterday. It was oddly mellow for a Monday. This gold one, seen above on Hendrix was a suggestion made by my friend Paula. She even found the yarn for me on etsy which I was totally juiced about because I had been looking for yarn like this for ages!
It's very interesting to work with, very light and almost like a light chain mail when it's crocheted together.I've completed two in the gold so far. The one above is the first and it was basically just soI could see what it would look like. For the second (not seen here) I did a looser mesh stitch and moved the ears forward. I'm still not sure how I feel about it yet. The soft fluffy bear hat is now in the LBB shop. I have tons of fun using that yarn. It's so soft and fluffy and touchable. I'm sure I'll crank out a few more before the week is out so stay tuned for updates.

No comments:
Post a Comment