Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All Done



Originally uploaded by zanalee
The final step was tying her head up from all possible angles to set her scalp on her head with something called tacky glue. I was prepared for the worst. I mean the stuff looked like Elmer's glue which I just couldn't imagine being strong enough to hold down rubber and plastic over hair weft bunching on the inside. I left her tied up for two nights. It wanted to leave her longer but I felt so bad seeing her like that. So I released her from her bondage the second night and things looked miraculously stable! I am really impressed and so relieved that she's finally finished and doesn't have to wear hats all the time. Reya has really become something so much more than anything I could have anticipated.
That being said, I don't think I will ever undertake such a bold and involved customization ever again unless I'm getting paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment