

It took forever to get here but a few weeks ago my order for four hanks of color changing thermal orange Saran (synthetic Doll hair) from My Little Customs finally arrived. It changes color from orange to yellow when you touch it or when the slightest heat is applied. I love it!
I referred to gggroovydolls website for customizing tutorials this time. Shershe, a re-rooting master told me she prefers to use a needle and although I am no where near as neat as she is, using a needle along with the lock and loop really works much better with synthetic hair than it does with human. It still feels like it's going to take me forever to finish but it's pretty amazing how quickly the hair starts to accumulate.

My 365 project with Reya has been going along well enough I suppose. It certainly is forcing me to use different parts of my tiny apartment for variety. This weekend was great though, since I was out most of the time at the Brooklyn Museum and Union Square but I did totally forget to take her picture this Sunday and only remembered that I forgot on Tuesday! I made up for it by taking one extra and entering it in the Blythe565 pool. Don't forget to check on Reya's progress by clicking on the 365 Days of Reya link to the left. I think I'm on day 18 today.
The one thing I hate is when it's a beautiful day like today and I just have to be at work for most of it. I struggle with the idea of taking Reya with me for some more interesting shots but then I'm always in such a hurry that I just don't have time to plan or enough space in my bag to take her. I just have so much to think about with school starting soon, being terribly broke, Fran's birthday coming up, bills, ugh!!
Plus I have another huge doll project I've been brainstorming but can't really reveal yet. There is a hint though. It will heavily involve my Integrity and Barbie Dolls and a new character. That's right! There's a rooster in the hen house and he's not wearing any clothes. Because I bought him nude on ebay. LOL! It was cheaper that way, plus I just couldn't wait. Takeo Mizutani appears on ebay so rarely and randomly that I just had to jump on this. I'll get his clothes later.

Not my pic. Taken by agoogis on flickr
No comments:
Post a Comment