Friday, January 1, 2010

Blybe doll ANOTHER FAKE!!!!

So there are these fake Blythe Dolls on the market. I'd heard a little about them a while ago. I think I saw a pic posted on someone's flickr acount but I didn't understand exactly what I was looking at.

There are two models, CCE and believe it or not "Blybe." Ha! Anyway I was just surfing around the flickr Blythe circuit and have heard some really good things about them from Blythe experts who oughta know and some really bad things too. As you can see from the pics, they are really close on Blythe doll face mold. On first look I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. But the difference is there. The quality of the hair looks terrible for the most part, the eyes holes are different and the eyes or eye chips in some instances are smaller or duller in color. I'm not crazy about the bodies but I do like the that arms raise up and swivel around. The other good thing is the price.

These gals run from as low as 24 bucks on ebay! That's almost worth it just to see what they look like in person and possibly customize them to your liking. But I've also heard that some have arrived in terrible condition, that arms and legs fall off or one is shorter than the other. How awful.

But I dunno. I'm curious. True, their outfits look terribly cheesy but some of them look really cute too! Well, stay tuned while I continue to do some more research. I'd like to know as much about this as possible before I decide to buy a Blythe fake.

10 comments:

  1. Do people ever pass these off as real blythes to unsuspecting noobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are "coin bank" blybes/CCE dolls on Ebay I bought one today for $12.99 USD + s/h. I'm curious to see what they look like. I bought a Licca body to replace the coin bank one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of those. I'll have to check them out. By "coin bank" does that mean that they are literally piggy banks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "simplypeaceable" I'm sure people have tried but n ebay, I've seen them pretty clearly described as "clones." They even show you how the bodies are different from Blythes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the image credit! :)

    -othersescape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your welcome! I'm a huge believer in giving image credits.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am a blythe newbie. I am smitten by them and can't wait do use in some photography sets. Can't seem to find a black blythe for sale. If you can offer any help that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there anonymous! It's pretty hard to find Black Blythes for sale. Occasionally there will be some on ebay but if you don't find any there I would search strategically on flickr for people who customize or collect Black Blythe dolls frequently. Try to see if you can inquire more with them as to where you can get one as well. It's quite a good resource.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello I love your blog :) follow me :) http://myblythejulyandme.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete