Saturday, April 17, 2010

LBL2 (Little Brown Blythe) Progress

"It's time to turn something beautiful into something else that is beautiful."
-E. Gilbert
"Eat Pray Love"

Let me just say that my heart was racing when the mail lady delivered the box to me on Friday. I could feel the excitement spreading from the pit of my stomach. I knew before I opened her up.

This is "Simply Mango Blythe" who was released this year I believe with her partner, "Simply Guava." Guava has pink hair and I wasn't digging it but I loved the pics uploaded to Flickr of Mango so I decided on her. They're probably the cheapest Blythe Takara dolls on the market right now, starting as low as $77 not including shipping. Still it took me weeks to commit to a purchase. I had to keep a clear goal in mind. I cannot keep her. She is to be customized and sold. Got it.

I still fell in love with her on first sight and had to take a few pictures before her transformation into Niege, which is French for Snow because "Simply Mango" is very white and reminds me of winter. It is pronounced "Nejay." So here are some pics of the process so far which I decided to undertake this morning in my living room with all windows wide open.

I changed her front facing orange eye chips to a dark brown pair I had lying around, took her apart, (easy as pie because she's an RBL) sandmatted her face and back plate, removed her eyelashes (first time and pretty easy when I applied with cotton balls to loosen glue) did a little lip carving for definition, which I have not perfected yet but am really getting into and then sprayed her face parts by an open window on some newspaper. I am loving it! OH GOD!!! I'M SO PSYCHED TO SEE HER WHOLE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment