Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Girl!!!!


Just bought her, haven't paid for her yet though. I'll  take care of that Thursday. Gotta love that three day ebay payment window.

So the main reason for purchasing this particular Blythe is that she already has the hair I might just keep on a  Black Blythe so there would be no need to go in search of other scalps, scalp re-rooting or dying  light colored hair on existing scalps as I attempted to do with Neige's "Simply Mango" scalp last night.

With Black Blythes, hair is always a huge issue for me. I mean Ideally, I would love for her to have a fabulous fluffy structured fro but I mean if you ever saw "Good Hair" (not a very good movie about hair by the way) you would know only a fraction of what it means when I say that little no value is placed on natural kinky hair as a marketable mainstream commodity. Long straight, wavy, loose curls are what sell. Therefore this is the kind of hair that is more easily accessible. Once in awhile I have seen just a few really nice custom afro'd Blythes on flickr but believe me, they are starting from scratch with these scalps. They are not made anywhere near as readily available as nice long straight haired scalps are. So that's the reality. I hope to get to point where I can start to do all that work myself as well but for now I kind of need to speed this along and focus on the customizing skills I'm good at.
By lilitix
For instance, I am loving how good I'm getting at lip carving. Before I mucked up Neige, I was really starting to bring out some expression and definition in her lips and I realized why Blythe collectors who customize love doing it so much. Of course there are some I'm seen that go way over board but the ones that get it right produce some really great results and the doll really comes alive.

Stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment