![]() |
| Stopping off in the Soho melee for a shot of Hendrix |
Yesterday I spent a lovely afternoon and evening in Soho with Paula aka brooklynpablita. Remember that name because she's making some adorrrrrable Blythe clothes lately and I am so proud of her rapid progress as she learns all the ins and outs of sewing and patterns and things about miniature clothes which I am frankly bewildered by. All I know is it's really exciting to watch her progress photos and it was even more fun to walk around with her as she selected fabric at this place in Soho called Purl she had heard about and which we decided to visit for the first time yesterday afternoon.
Purl carries both fabric, yarn and notions in a small but sweet, well lit shop on Mercer Street. Paula has a very focused aesthetic and a great sense of pattern matching and I can't wait to see what she makes with what she chose. She was like a kid in a candy store, very much the way I feel around yarn in the winter. I can't get up the same kind of enthusiasm over yarn in the Summer somehow. But they did have some great yarn there that I couldn't help fondling and imagining in future projects, both Blythe and human.
Well, today is the check list day, I've been back and forth and back and forth over whether to bring two Blythes or three, but I think three are probably going to make it I just hope it's not too much to keep track of because I've never taken any Blythe on the plane with me before. The three are Hamsa, the still new, Ellington and Hendrix. I had all three along with me yesterday to meet up with Paula's Ama, Felix and Max (who is allegedly visiting. LOL!) I think it should work out but I still have to stick a few other major things in with them. We shall soon be airborne where I will report back.
Happy Summer everyone!


Like the behind the scene photo!!!
ReplyDelete