Friday, October 12, 2012

Hat Thang

The week in crochet hats (some of them anyway)

I've been crocheting hats like a maniac these past couple of weeks mostly because it makes me insanely happy. I've been getting Red Heart yarn in all the primary colors and it's like a whole new world. I used to kind of snub my nose at Red Heart yarn because they seemed common and tacky and I was drawn more to the expensive boutique yarns. But Red Heart is the bomb and primary color combos are so invigorating and fun! Plus it's all about the the creativity not just the materials. Just because you have pretty high end yarn, it doesn't automatically mean you're going to create a masterpiece.


Last night I was inspired by the Rainbow Mohawk helmet in the photo above which I pinned on my "Crafty" Pinterest Board to try making a Blythe sized version and I just freaking love how it came out! It's so funky and fun and unique! I then made another mini sized version for petite Blythe modeled above by Dusty and I could just die whenever I look at that thing! It's so sweet! Definitely making more of both and perfecting the process as I go so that I can put some in the shop. I desperately need to learn to crochet ear flaps. That's my next challenge which I have chosen to accept. YAAAAYY!!


2 comments:

  1. These are so fun! I agree, too - there's nothing wrong with fun color yarn that's affordable enough that you can make a bunch of goodies with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witam z Polski. Te czapki są cudowne:-) mają fajne fasony i śliczne kolory.
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete