Martia is in Cali with Luxielou who has just started on her first layer of flocking.
I saw her for the first time last night on flickr and I think my heart nearly stopped.
There's this incredible feeling you get when you send a doll out to be customized and you see her for the first time staring at you from behind the screen in someones else's hands. It's kind of intense I felt it the first time I sent Hamsa to Melly Kay and I felt it last night.
In this case, it's even more particular, this feeling , because I had already customized Martia myself by cutting and pulling all her hair out and then painting her and sealing her with MSC. I may still add my more painted elements to her face. So this feel a little bit like a collaborative effort as well. And that excites me sooo much.
I just adore custom dolls because they have so much of the mark of a story about them, whether intended or incidental.
I customized Martia to be a space alien of sorts, and extraterrestrial being. There's more in store for her flocking which I won't reveal , but that I hope well drive home that theme even more. I already adore her to pieces! I cannot wait to see her when she's done.
I saw her for the first time last night on flickr and I think my heart nearly stopped.
There's this incredible feeling you get when you send a doll out to be customized and you see her for the first time staring at you from behind the screen in someones else's hands. It's kind of intense I felt it the first time I sent Hamsa to Melly Kay and I felt it last night.
In this case, it's even more particular, this feeling , because I had already customized Martia myself by cutting and pulling all her hair out and then painting her and sealing her with MSC. I may still add my more painted elements to her face. So this feel a little bit like a collaborative effort as well. And that excites me sooo much.
I just adore custom dolls because they have so much of the mark of a story about them, whether intended or incidental.
I customized Martia to be a space alien of sorts, and extraterrestrial being. There's more in store for her flocking which I won't reveal , but that I hope well drive home that theme even more. I already adore her to pieces! I cannot wait to see her when she's done.

No comments:
Post a Comment