Thursday, September 3, 2009

My First Blythes Blurb Book


My First Blythes Blurb Book
Originally uploaded by zanalee
For me, the whole purpose of buying a Blythe doll was so that I could photograph her and make this book a la Gina Garan, because I was so inspired by her and so shocked to discover through months of research that there are nor many American Blythe books on the market all.

The thing is I started to get distracted.
It started when I became part of the Blythe community on flickr, When I saw all the different Blythes, all the endless possibilities, all the clothes, I went crazy! i had to have more Blythe dolls because I had to have more options for photographs. In the meantime I kept having to remind myself to start the book every month or so.

I started it at home but still couldn't get it off the ground. Finally, I started it again one day at my job of all places. Something about creating it in the midst of chaos and clerical insanity made me happy and motivated.

It's a very modest book basically introducing all my Blythes, not at all like the thick volume of historical and urban study context I originally had in mind but it is a jumping off point to something bigger. I can't wait to order a copy!

Please feel free to visit my blurb page for a sneak peek. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment