Sunday, April 24, 2011

HAPPY EASTER!



Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter Sunday. I woke up only about an hour or so ago because I was up until 3:00am this morning. Don't ask. I'm pretty excited that it's sunny out and not rainy like the forecast predicted. I regret that I'm not able to make to the Blythe Meet at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden today for the Cherry Blossom Festival. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm definitely going there on my own sometime in may. I was born in Brooklyn and practically raised in that Garden. It's a very dear and beautiful place for me. I'm so glad they're getting this unexpected great weather!


So! I have to admit, I'd been waiting for a bit to see what Melly Kay would do with the AA bait Blythe I made for her. And finally a few weeks ago she posted some pics of her and I nearly fell over! I was so happy to see her! Her name is JJ Evans, names after Melly's fave character on the show "Good Times!" I am so thrilled at the way she's styled her! She is so good at this! I just adore her and am so happy to see her on that side of the computer screen, all loved on and special.









In other news, my "Dawn of The Dance" Cleo De Nile arrived when I came back from Spring Break vacation last week and I jist love her! I bought her on ebay "loose", which means that she came in mint condition with all her accessories but without the box which is just fine for me because I hate untying and untwisting all the wires and stuff. She's built like Frankie Stein which is to say that for some reason she's sturdier, and her body is just a better quality of plastic. I'm not sure why that is but I'm happy about it. I love "Gloom Beach" Cleo and Clawdeen but they're so much more fragile and floppy for some reason. I don't see why they don't just make them all the same.

I've also given Casteneda some eyelashes and a set of slate grey eye chips which I think look really great on her. I'm thinking she needs one more pair before I start to close her up. I also need a replacement body for her since the spray job on her Blybe body just did not turn out well at all. Despite having a harder, smoother body that the licca or Takara bodies, her legs are still super sticky. I'm torn between getting her a pure Neemo body, which I've heard conflicting things about or just getting another Basaak Blybe and using that body. We shall see. I also have a couple of new pull rings  on the way for Castaneda and my Hollywood Blythe, Whithey. I'm excited about getting some alphabet beads so I can customize them with names and stuff because every time I look at the one Melly did for Hamsa, I'm just so inspired. I love it so much.

Well until next time, enjoy the Cadbury eggs, crazy hats, beautiful weather and whatever else you can think of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment