A friend on flick just commented that the general mood of my photo of Neige with the afro wig reminded her of this Michael Jackson cover. I liked the discovery of this similarity so much I decided to create this diptych. Very Cute!!! : D
I'm really glad you put these 2 together. I thought about it awhile after you told me you were putting the diptych up on flickr. It made me feel very nostalgic and a little sad, because I so loved this version of MJ and it didn't last long enough. What's cool about this is, this album came out in 1972, the same year Kenner introduced Blythe. There were no dark skinned Blythes then, but your doll looks like she fit into the era perfectly and would have had a mad crush on MJ just like every other little girl did in 1972. Thanks for sharing! - Cindy
I'm really glad you put these 2 together. I thought about it awhile after you told me you were putting the diptych up on flickr. It made me feel very nostalgic and a little sad, because I so loved this version of MJ and it didn't last long enough. What's cool about this is, this album came out in 1972, the same year Kenner introduced Blythe. There were no dark skinned Blythes then, but your doll looks like she fit into the era perfectly and would have had a mad crush on MJ just like every other little girl did in 1972. Thanks for sharing! - Cindy
ReplyDelete