Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Have I not talked about Darla Daley?


Well before I talk about Darla, I need to talk about Poppy Parker. Don't laugh. These stuck up, uptight, snotty butt, preppy names are real! Poppy Parker is a doll I became aware of the way anyone who becomes a Jason Wu Doll Collector does. She is part of a line he created which is inspired by the story line of a girl who has just landed in New York and wants to explore and experience all of it's opulent downtown sophistication and "magic." She is described as "a sweet girl from the mid-west." She's supposed to be a teenager but she never  looked sweet nor teen-aged to me. The whole series of pouty lipped Poppy Parker princesses disturbed me initially. But as always, having seen her look transformed and interpreted in so many different ways by incredible flickr photographers has given me a slightly different opinion about her. Recently released is her black friend, Darla Daley! Uh huh.



She's just as snotty, and uptight looking as Pops and reminds me a bit of Dominique Devereaux on Dynasty. LOL! But I kinda wanna get her! HAHAHA! So watch out for Ms. Daley. She may be moving her fancy bags in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment