Friday, November 30, 2012

Middie Minaj #1

Middie Minaj 1
My Muse
My first in a small series of Middie Customs for Little Brown Blythe inspired by Nicki Minaj is almost complete. I just have to paint her lips and her body now. I have heard some nightmares particularly from Erica Fustero whose customs I love about opening Middie Blythe's head. I messaged her on flickr to express my anxiety and she was very helpful. Fortunately I was very successful with opening this Middie's head. It came apart perfectly with just some gentle prying. I painted her very quickly and with very little fuss. I think because Middies are a smaller scale and there is less surface area, it's not so difficult to get the plates covered quickly. I have painted her face plates, applied make-up to her face plate and lids using pastels and sealed her with MSC. So she should be completely done by next week and if all goes well up for sale in Little Brown Blythe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment