There's a long thread on the Blythe Blythe Blythe Flickr group entitled, "How did you first discover Blythe" and it is endlessly fascinating reading everyone's first Blythe experience story. If I was ever serious about doing a book on Blythe there is some really great stuff here. But what I'm really struck by is the ongoing theme of women who's husbands or significant others think they are crazy because of this hobby or obsession. I constantly read stuff like "my hubby also thinks I'm crazy" or "my b/f thinks im crazy now."
Myself, I have a significant amount of self consciousness around Fran when I'm playing or dressing or taking pictures of the dolls. He doesn't say anything but since I know he's freaked out by them, I have a deeper paranoia that he also thinks I'm crazy even though I'm sure he doesn't. It doesn't matter. I tend to sort of hide them when he's around and feel a little weird that I love them so much when he's so freaked out by them. I guess that's because I am usually able to share everything with him and this has (insane as it seems) become such a huge part of my life, yet I can't really show him the results of any of it.
I haven't told him about the third one I bought recently. I kind of want to just put it away for a bit when I get it and then pull her out later so it seems like she was always there. How insane is this?? I'm talking about DOLLS!
But that's just it you know? It's not just me So what is the deal? What's at the heart of all this?
No comments:
Post a Comment