
I am really going full steam with this Blythe kick. I mean it’s insane and I can step back and see that but I don’t care. I fucking love every nutty minute of it!
Okay, so I’ve been telling myself that I need to get fabric softener to wash the girls hair. I’ve learned from the flickr groups and Blythe tutorial sites that you’re supposed to wash their hair with fabric softener, not regular shampoo. Until recently I hadn’t even really thought about what makes fabric softener different from liquid detergent. Naturally, I’ve always heard of fabric softener but I’ve never used it. I bought Woolite last year for a delicate Heatherette sweater I own and really love but apparently that’s not fabric softener.
Anyway I walked into Walgreens on Times Square after my photography class today. I walked over to the detergent isle where I saw large bottles of fabric softener but I was not trying to pay anything close to fifteen bucks just to wash my dolls’ hair. I scanned the shelf some more and there at the very top I saw it. Sauvitel. I remembered the name mentioned on a picture comment thread on flickr among some of the top Blythe crafters and collectors as a fabric softener they’d used to wash their dolls hair. And at $3.99 a bottle I immediately understood why. Perfect! There were two scents; disgusting and a little less disgusting so I picked out the latter in a yellow bottle said a silent hurray and checked out. When I got home I opened my mailbox with baited breath and found my third dress from Monkeyss on etsy. I squealed up the stairs to put it on Emily Sapphire and then remove her stock blue eye chips for a free pair I got from Blythedesires. It’s so on!
No comments:
Post a Comment