Monday, October 25, 2010

This Just In!!

 Sabine with "Simply Mango Scalp"


So I've been looking to swap Sabine's Prima Dolly Aubrey scalp for a "Simply Mango" scalp for a while now. I had the offer up for a bit on Plastic Paradise but didn't get any takers at least not soon enough for me anyway. So I put Sabine up on ebay hoping that maybe I could just buy "Simply Mango" with the cash I got for Sabine. I don't really need the whole doll, just the scalp. I had so much fun with it when I bought "Simply Mango" months ago to customize and create Neige, one of my Black Blythes. I swapped that existing Mango Scalp for a "Heather Sky" scalp  which I feel suits Neige perfectly. Again I was fortunate to find someone to trade with rather quickly. But I have to tell you that while I had "Simply Mango" I adored her and that beautiful fruity colored hair. She took such great pictures! I vowed to buy her again if I could and then it occurred to me that if I could just get a hold of the scalp I could make any existing RBL I have into a virtual "Simply Mango" Blythe.  But I haven't found anyone willing to give up that Mango scalp again. And Sabine did not make a sale. So...

So this weekend I was randomly searching ebay for prices on blank Blythe scalps, with a mohair project in mind, because even though I still have the thermal saran re-root to finish, my mind has been toying with the idea of doing another mohair re-root just because I love mohair and the mohair look so much. I really want to take another crack at it.  I was not expecting to see a brand new "Simply Mango" scalp up for auction from someone who like I, explained that she also bought Simply Mango to customize and no longer needed the scalp! OMG!!!! It was meant to be! But I still had about 20 hours to wait and watch before I could put a bid in and I was thankful up until the very last minute that I was the only bidder. Oh YES!!!! I won it about 5 minutes ago! This means Sabine gets to stay and be reborn with a Mango scalp and I don't have to buy another doll! I will be putting her Prima Dolly Aubrey scalp up for sale on PP shortly.  One item from my dolly wish list down! WOOT!

2 comments:

  1. There is someone looking for an Aubrey scalp right now - I think it will go really fast!

    Your scalp swap project is obviously meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dollybird! I should go check my BK mail now!
    : )

    ReplyDelete