On flickr, one has the option, if one would like, to "blog" a photo as a reference. This way when anyone reading the entry clicks on the photo, it will link back to the person whose photostream it belongs to. If you are unable to do this but have the option to download the photo or "grab the html code" please be considerate and credit the person by listing their name or username in a caption underneath or above the photo. This is what I do whenever I can. If you admire my work, that's great. Give me credit for it because it comes from me. Thanks. I would do the same for you, and I always will, because I respect your work.
ZanaLee if I take your photos I always make sure that the people know who photos it belongs to. Lately people been taking my photos without asking!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ebony. I'm sorry to hear that people are stealing your photos though. You need to let them know that that's not appropriate or respectful. I hate to be confrontational because for the most part, I have met the nicest, most helpful people on flickr but sometimes copyright and credit issues tend to get hazy there, whether it be out of ignorance or just people who don't care. It's just not right.
ReplyDeleteI used to think flickr pros who threatened to block people who favorited their work without having anything to share were kind of taking themselves a bit too seriously but now I understand. In addition to being doll enthusiasts, many of us are also serious photographers and as such our work should be treated respectfully and and not stolen or misused.