This is not the best shot of these lovely blouses by Hilary Wagstaff for Moshi Moshi but you should be able to see even through the cellophane just how precious and detailed they are. I am blown away by them!
I couldn't really afford them but I didn't want them to get away. When I saw them I was so captured, not only by the detail but also the energy and imagination of them. They look so much better in person than you can tell here. I think I was also dying to see how she closed up the backs. She's just such a pro! They really are little miniature blouses!
I think one of the things I've always loved most about Hilary's Blythe wear is that I would absolutely wear most of her stuff if they human sized. She's a very practical designer, with a vintage palette but she doesn't ever seem to over romanticize. And not taking anything away from all the countless charming over the top fantasy designers out there, whom I adore as well. I just really appreciate her flare for the sweet, tailored and modest in the doll clothing realm which often defaults to fantasy and kitsch merely on the basis of it's subject being a doll.

Swoonsville! They are lovely - I wish that grey one was human sized :)
ReplyDeleteRight??
ReplyDelete: D