So as I mentioned a while back, I commissioned a faceplace carving from Melly Kay to replace my custom black Blythe, Neige. I made this error in her paint job that I have always regretted and just wanted her to be perfect because I knew I could do better. Plus I really wanted these beautiful full lips that Melly did on one of her other commissions. I just love them!
This weekend there was a lull in my finals study madness and I decided to paint the plate on Saturday before I went out to run some errands and avoid the fumes. I think she came out great and now I am wondering if I even want to paint the lips or if I should just leave them as they are. I am so scared of screwing them up.
Whatever I do I feel like I should spray matte the faceplate when I'm done just to seal everything in. Well, back to work. it's been a lovely weekend. Hope yours was just as lovely.
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Neige's Replacement Faceplate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It did turn out really great! I think you should go ahead and try painting the lips. I know its scary but once you do it then you won't be scared to try new things. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://spellboundstyle.blogspot.com/
Oh, I've done it before and have had varying degrees of results which is why I'm really nervous about it. With a stock custom you can make mistakes and just sand it off. With a Black Blythe which has been painted, (I've painted at least 9 or ten by now) there really isn't much room for error. Will definitely look at her closely to make sure I know as much about what I want the lip shape and color to be before I start.
Delete: )