 |
Looks like she's here to stay
|
So I finally found a tilt neck licca body to try on my Hollywood Blythe, Whitney once I'm done customizing her. Yes, the body has a head attached to it but I didn't imagine that being a problem since I've never really cared for
Licca Chan dolls. I don't hate them but seeing them in photos and Dolly mags, I was never moved by them at all. They all looked exactly alike to me and very one dimensional. I just wanted that tilt neck. That was all. I just think the tilt head on Blythe is so adorable.
 |
| Wataru |
So when I got my Licca Chan in the mail last week, I opened the box and there she was this perfect little doll with pink heart shaped earrings, a simple pink gingham dress and a brand new pair of pink flats in a separate bag. I checked to see if her head tilted and it did. And I think that must have been what did it. I don't know what came over me but she just seemed so simple, sweet and unassuming, I got attached and called her Shannon and played with her a lot. LOL! I haven't had her a week yet and she already has 26 photos in her flickr set. I think she might me like my female Wataru doll. I have always been amused by photos of this rare vintage Licca doll in my contacts' flickr stream but he's way too expensive and stiff for me. Where as Shannon was cheap, sweet, with a surprising photographic range and completely unexpected! No, this is not another doll line craze. Shannon will be my one and only Licca. I will not make the mistake of thinking this magic will happen again. I need to stay focused. I may pop her head off yet just to see if my HB is compatible. But I'll definitely be buying another tilt neck licca (without the head this time) because Shannon wouldn't the same without it
This is a great post :) I have loved seeing you fall for Shannon on Instagram. I experienced something similar with LPS Blythes. I got one to snatch her clothes for my Takara petite (MSR) and then sell her nude. I too was defeated by that charming little tilty head ::sigh:: and now I have about 10 LOL!
ReplyDeleteHi liveloveyarn!!!
DeleteI have sort of lost count of my LP Blythes. Or rather I'm scared to count. LOL! I love them too but sadly I hardly ever get to photograph them. They are so fun to collect. And so cheap thankfully!
: D