Here is the most expensive dress I have purchased for Blythe so far. This is because I basically designed it. I found Valentine Westphal of House of Pinku on flickr. You cannot look at all her dresses in one sitting. She's that prolific. She is working at it like every week. Her dresses are categorized by charming and simple silhouettes and she has a gift for combining an eclectic array of patterns which really appeals to my abhorrence to too much matchey matchiness.
She does tons of custom stuff and most of the dresses on her flickr photostream have already been sold.
When I commissioned her to make a dress for me, she asked what my favorite colors, patterns and silhouettes were and then she sent me links to postings of several fabric choices. I chose these two before I had too much time to think about it because most all the fabric selections she sent me were beautiful. I was instantly drawn to that lime green hexagonal pattern on the bodice and although I told her I didn't care which pattern made up the most of the dress, I'm really glad she chose to use the flower and cattail fabric for the skirt.
Lastly, she asked me what buttons I wanted for the dress and I knew for sure I wanted those hearts. I had seen them on other dresses she made and just passed out with adoration. That orange polka dot lining was her choice and I love it. I mean I love that it has lining period! I just paid for it on Paypal, which is fast becoming my new favorite secure monetary transaction source. That shit is better than Western Union!
Anyway, I hope Emily and Molly appreciate this. After this purchase, Mommy will be cutting her dolly clothes spending off for awhile. I need to save money for upcoming human activities. Besides, I think I now have enough to start working on my fourth Blurb book.
More on that later.

you are a nice lady.
ReplyDeletexox