Monday, June 22, 2009

Kozy Kape!!!!!


The seemingly impossible has happened but to be honest I always new it was possible. It just required a bit of searching and careful networking.
The sale of Kozy Kape produced by Ashton Drake has become virtually non-existent online. And I swear only a couple of months ago you could find one on Ebay for like 70 bucks! I painfully watched the last one slip away in the last auction in my ebay account because I couldn't afford it at the time. Since then I have been browsing Ebay every week or so. Absolutely no ADG Kozy Kapes at all! In general searches in smaller online stores she's listed but unavailable.

Finally, a few days ago, I find her listed in a small online shop but I'm still suspicious about the availability so I add one to a sale cart and it seems they actually are in stock. But to be really sure I emailed the store, a place in Rhode Island, not really expecting to hear back from them at all. A few days later I get a short reply. They have two. I'm so excited just to know they're out there but I still can't afford it at the moment. The price is considerably higher than 70 but not over a hundred and after some more searching I realize it's probably the best deal I'm gonna get. But I don't reply to the email because I don't want to make any false promises.

Today I get another email from the store's owner asking if I ever got the message sent and whether I would like them to send a doll out to me. Excellent! I now feel better about replying that I definitely want one but won't be able to purchase until next week. I ask if there's any chance that they would hold one for me. The seller replies that they will! YESSSS!!!!

I just know that somewhere in the Midwest or even just some middle of nowhere antique store in upstate New York, there is someone selling Blythe Dolls in mint condition for like 20 bucks a pop! I just know it! That's my fantasy anyway. The internet covers a lot of businesses but not all. One day I'm gonna find that store. It's gonna be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment