
So as you can see, even though Emily is a little blue after the second dye job, she’s still full of spirit and cute as a button. I didn’t so much mind that the back of her head and even her forehead got a bit stained but when I noticed the blue marks on her arms and legs I really got upset at myself and felt like a terrible mom for not being more careful.
However, these transformations I’ve put Emily through has made me realize that my true reason for getting Blythe dolls in the first place is mainly informed by photography and since she is still photogenic as heck if not more so, I haven’t totally screwed up. She’s still fabulous as ever and I love even more now that she’s a true original. I guess to me, she's more like a real person, with scars and imperfections to show for it.
Also, to be honest, she had to be my experimental girl since I felt I couldn’t afford to do anything this risky with my Takara. Emily is the doll I've learned from my mistakes with and that makes her really important to me. If I dye her hair once more I swear I’m covered her with masking tape and then saran wrap because just saran wrap did not work at all. I’m leaning towards blue at Jewels Blueberry’s suggestion. But Emily will now henceforth be renamed-Emily Sapphire.
No comments:
Post a Comment