Had a bit of a freak out yesterday putting Angora together for the first time. I was tired, had a horrible headache and just no patience at all for the unfamiliar.
So first off, I lost the coil spring that goes in her eye mechanism which I cannot believe because I tried like hell to keep all her parts in one place for months while I was working on her but I think at some point I may have just left it in her face plate which is totally my fault but pisses me off nonetheless because I have to go searching the net for this tiny freaking spring coil and I really really do not want to pay for it. Oh God, just thinking about it is upsetting me. Ok. Moving on.
Her scalp didn't line up very well on her dome but I kind of didn't expect it too. I'll have to glue more of it down later.
Her hair really threw me off for a bit. I didn't know what to expect when I took it down. And it didn't really come down at all at first after being up in a band for so long all that time I was working on it. That freaked me out too. She was resembling a miserable luck troll for a bit there. But I wet her hair a bit and it seems to be sitting the way it should this morning. I guess I really should have tried to give her a part, but re-rooting a part still scares the crap out of me no matter how many times Sherri has patiently explained it to me.
Last but not least and perhaps even more irritating than losing the spring coil, is fool that I am, I didn't spray her scalp before I re-rooted so that the whole thing would be brown and she wouldn't have that beige band around her forehead! No idea how I'm gonna fix that. OKAY! I'm trying to look on the bright side. She looks beautiful otherwise. Her lashes look great but are giving me trouble as well. I may need to apply some sort of stabilizing adhesive to them but I need to do research on that because I do not want to muck that up.
Times. like these, I feel like I never want to do another re-root again but I know it's not always like this. The temptation to do it again is already lingering.

I've felt like this before!! That's when I step away from the dollies for a bit lol. Do you still need a spring?? I've got some spare ones. Let me know and I'll send you one.
ReplyDeleteoops forgot to say that she looks amazing so far ;) i love her hair!
ReplyDeleteDude! I would really appreciate it if you could spare a spring coil. I'll fm you when I get home!
ReplyDelete: D
She looks gorgeous - and well worth all your hard work and patience :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm actually really starting to love her. I can't believe how nice her hair is and the fact that I did it.
ReplyDelete: )