Summer is finally here and we are ecstatic to give you some exciting news!
Hawaii's famous fashion brand Manuheali'i has collaborated with CWC to create an exclusive Neo Blythe!
She will be called "Manuheali'i Paradise Girl"!!
Hawaii's famous fashion brand Manuheali'i has collaborated with CWC to create an exclusive Neo Blythe!
She will be called "Manuheali'i Paradise Girl"!!
Manuheali'i is not only known in Hawaii but all over the world, starting in 1985, Manuheali'i 's use of color and unique print designs are so distinct to the brand and to the land of Hawaii.
People who wear their clothes look like they are wearing the beautiful nature of Hawaii.
Even a slight variation of color can dramatically change the look of their garments. We are bringing the wonderful fashion and image of Hawaii with this sun kissed Blythe!
Hawaii lovers will sure be excited about this Blythe!
People who wear their clothes look like they are wearing the beautiful nature of Hawaii.
Even a slight variation of color can dramatically change the look of their garments. We are bringing the wonderful fashion and image of Hawaii with this sun kissed Blythe!
Hawaii lovers will sure be excited about this Blythe!
Manuheali'i Paradise Girl is the most stylish girl in Hawaii!
Coordinating her accessories and clothes she just bought, she is off to the city and to the beach for another aloha day.
She has a long one piece dress with a halter neck.
The stylish cut of this dress gives Blythe a sophisticated look.
Manuheali'i 's original Coral Reef print combines a light green and brown pattern to give a tropical and earthy feel.
Put on her gold hoop earrings and she's ready to go!
Coordinating her accessories and clothes she just bought, she is off to the city and to the beach for another aloha day.
She has a long one piece dress with a halter neck.
The stylish cut of this dress gives Blythe a sophisticated look.
Manuheali'i 's original Coral Reef print combines a light green and brown pattern to give a tropical and earthy feel.
Put on her gold hoop earrings and she's ready to go!
Her second outfit is a different feel with a patterned one shouldered top and denim shorts.
Her one shouldered top has a rubber strap through the neck to keep the top in place.
This shirt has Manuheali'i 's original print for Ki Nehe.
Orange, red, and vibrant colors radiates from this Paradise Girl!
Her one shouldered top has a rubber strap through the neck to keep the top in place.
This shirt has Manuheali'i 's original print for Ki Nehe.
Orange, red, and vibrant colors radiates from this Paradise Girl!
Her shorts are cool, white denim and she wears white beach sandals.
Don't forget her sunglasses and she's ready for a fun day in Hawaii!
Don't forget her sunglasses and she's ready for a fun day in Hawaii!
She has long dark brown, wavy hair parted to the side. Her skin type is like "Heather Sky" and her face type is Radiance.
She has brown eye shadow, red cheeks, and tan lips.
Her eye chips and eyelashes are all special as well!
She has brown eye shadow, red cheeks, and tan lips.
Her eye chips and eyelashes are all special as well!
*******
On flickr one the most rampant discussions of excitement over this new Blythe Doll center around her questionable complexion. People want to know if she is as described, as dark as Heather Sky who, lets face it, is really not that dark, but as the darkest Blythe doll ever manufactured, she has become the standard by which to measure any other dark Blythe Doll Takara and CWC releases. Which is kind of sad but no less fascinating. I myself flipped when I saw her although I have to admit to being just as excited about her amazing stock as about her skin color. It seems kind of crazy how color starved we doll collectors are. I mean I guess that's where all this customization comes into play. Not only are we color starved in doll land but also individuality starved.
I must say though, that while it is easy enough to do anything from dye Blythe's hair, carve her lips, give her beauty marks, tattoos, gaze correction, and all kinds of different hair, it doesn't have quite the same impact or social commentary as changing her color does. Much as I love Blythe and dolls in general, politics never seem to be too far behind when it comes to color in this country, but my fascination lies in discovering the things that Blythe collectors do in spite of this because it is different than what I have ever seen people do with any other doll I know of.
I must say though, that while it is easy enough to do anything from dye Blythe's hair, carve her lips, give her beauty marks, tattoos, gaze correction, and all kinds of different hair, it doesn't have quite the same impact or social commentary as changing her color does. Much as I love Blythe and dolls in general, politics never seem to be too far behind when it comes to color in this country, but my fascination lies in discovering the things that Blythe collectors do in spite of this because it is different than what I have ever seen people do with any other doll I know of.

I really hope they start putting out more "Blythes of color"...It would be awesome to not have to spray paint a blythe and just have her the color you want right out of the box! I mean Blythe lovers come in all shades, so why not represent that in the dolls??
ReplyDeleteI see that she is limited too which means she'll cost more, boo. I'm looking forward to "Simply Chocolate" if they ever make her...seems like she'll be a little more attainable for my budget and probably a little darker-skinned too...
I agree. Haha! "Simply Chocolate" would be a great name. I mean I love customizing AA Blythes but I only do it because they've never been made. I'd love to see Blythes of all colors.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear this one is gonna be limited. I was afraid of that. Darn! I guess have to start saving up now. I just hope I still like her when I see her. There are still at least three more Blythes I really want. Plus I also also have to start saving up for Blythecon 2011. That's a lot of saving. LOL!!