(Do ya see those sleeves?)
Ok first of all, that's not even the first best thing to happen in the last half hour. It started when I succeeded in nagging Plastic Fashion out of retirement to put her amazing Blythe dresses up for sale again instead of torturing us by posting all the goodies she's been making for her girls alone. Her dresses are usually characterized by beautiful, vibrantly colored prints, sweet sort of retro 30s 40s silhouettes and impeccable pleats, sleeves and seam work. When I first started seeing her stuff, she was still selling on Artfire and Etsy. She made one amazing shirt dress that I missed out on and so settled for another baby doll which I liked but not as much as that shirt dress. Shortly after that she announced that she was not going to be selling anymore but would still make stuff for her own dolls. I was so saddened! Lately, she's been super prolific, making like one or two dresses a week, and like several of my fave Blythe Dress designers, it's often the highlight of my day to see her work pop up each week in my "contacts" stream. Today she posted the dress above and said I pulled her leg so she posted it in her etsy. YESSS!!! I rushed to her artfire shop: nothing, so then to etsy and there it was. As I was signing into my paypal to purchase it, I noticed a credit in my account. What? I had no idea I had anything in there. I though about checking first before I made the purchase but then I decided to buy first and check my paypal status later. Thank God I did! I was lucky enough to be the first person to even comment on that dress in flickr. Seconds later, people were clamoring for it! But I got it! It's on it's way to moi! And I could not be happier. Or could I?
Sold!
I checked the email account linked to my paypal and there I saw that someone from England had purchased not one, not two, but three postcards from Blythe Post! Oh my gosh!! I haven't made a sale in ages! I dis receive an email a while ago though that one of my postcards, "Vida in Autumn" was placed in someones etsy treasury. Not sure exactly what that means but I imagine it's a good thing and I sent a kind thank you note back. Anyway, I was thrilled to the marrow! It's a great feeling selling your own work. I so hope they enjoy them! It's also inspiring me to get off my butt and make some new cards. So today there was a complete cycle of handmade goods exchange in my world. I wish every weekend was like this.
: )




Getting picked for an Etsy treasury is awesome! A lot of bloggers make them just to point out stuff they like on the site and lot of times it can lead to sales via their readers:)
ReplyDeleteYAY for snagging the dress AND for making some sales :D When I was selling on Etsy I made it into two treasuries...it's amazing to have someone pick your work out of everything on Etsy!
ReplyDelete