Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Simply Chocolate and Vanilla Blythe (Out of the box)
Umm... you know, I can't say I'm like blown away or anything. Aveuch, one of my contacts on flickr said that "Simply Vanilla" looks like an 80s anchor woman and I have to agree. I'm way more into "Simply Chocolate" but not enough to run out and break my bank over her. I'm starting to realize that so far, the only stock Blythe I have ever purchased that I love for her pure stockness is my Hammy(Hamsa) "Punkaholic People" Blythe. I kept her in her stock outfit for quite a while after I bought her. For me, she works so well just as she is and I have not dreamed of customizing her in any way. But on the other hand, of all my other Blythes, I love most the ones I have customized extremely from head to toe because they are truly mine, truly one of a kind. I am pretty certain I'm about to let Molly, my SBL Takara PWP (Pow Wow Poncho) go soon. I just don't think I want anything other than my two ADGs and RBLS in my collection from now on because RBLs are just so easy to customize and that's what I like doing best. Especially since most of the stock Blythes that have been released lately are just not doing it for me. I actually like the factory illustrations better than the real thing!
I am also looking to swap Sabine's Prima Dolly Aubrey scalp for a "Simply Mango" scalp because I just loved playing with that hair! I had "Simply Mango" on my wishlist for a while before I realized, I don't need to buy a whole other Blythe! I just need the scalp! And you can only do that with RBLs. Really, it's time for me to start being smart and downsizing a teeny bit. This being said, yes I am getting the "Buckles and Bows" Petite Blythe and Lps set probably next week but they're like so cheap! *Sticks out tongue* So there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want to get them for customizing reasons. I've never done an FBL and I'd love to have a go at two ;) They don't really fit my personal collection tastes though...
ReplyDeleteYou know of all the Blythe molds, I know the least about FBLs. I kind of have a clear visual characteristic in mind when I think of all the other molds. But I can't think of what FBLs look like. What are the most popular FBLs?
ReplyDelete