I took a trip to Central Park this Saturday and took Neige and Angora with me. It was a singularly beautiful day this Saturday, warm but with wonderful breeze. I took some food and a book along with me and sat by the lake on the West Side with the ducks where I used to hang out years ago in High School. After a few hours, on my way out I decided to walk along a gravel path that I've never walked down before which goes along the opposite side of the lake. It was near a large mountainous collection of rocks that I hadn't visited since I was a teenager with my best friend. We used to go up there to sit and talk and engage in unmentionable adolescent hijinks.
I ended up climbing up there and finding the perfect remote spot to take pictures, unafraid that I might be discovered by passers by, because I'm still pretty shy about taking pictures of the Blythes in public. I think this is because I kind of disappear into a world apart when I'm doing it and I hate to be reminded of that other reality while I'm in the midst of Blythe world and nature. I've probably always been that way.
As a child, I loved finding beautiful remote places in nature where no one but me and my family seemed to go or know about. And I would get very annoyed whenever strangers would appear and destroy my meditative reverie.
This Saturday was such a day when there the tranquil reverie of my little world lasted for hours and everyone around me just seemed to be enjoying the day. I sat on the rocks taking pictures, watching people go by, observing brides and wedding photographers, basked in the shade of tall trees with long branches and stared into the green lake. I kept telling myself, "one last picture and I'll stop" or "I'll go up a bit higher and then head home. But I ended up coming down a lot later than I had planned and following that gravel path along the lake until I came upon a beautiful weeping willow with her branches swaying in the breeze and occasionally dipping the tips of her leaves in the lake.
I took quite a few pics of Neige and Angora on the rocks which were very beautifully lit. I'm really coming to have a special affection for these two especially when they are together.
Neige is sweet, childlike, friendly and playful. She is very attentive to how she looks. She likes to look cute and stylish. Angora has a childish face but I've discovered that she is actually quite surprisingly old, older than Neige and wise but but not bossy. She is adventurous and doesn't care about getting dirty or looking fabulous all the time. She's quite mysterious and has more going on than I think I will ever know about. The both of them are well matched partners in adventure, very different but almost like two sides of the same coin, like a Gemini. I think the fact that they both have Licca bodies with legs that I never really got right with the spray paint brought them together initially. But since their transformations they have grown to be true friends in earnest.

No comments:
Post a Comment