I was at Kinokuniya for lunch this afternoon, the place I go to unwind from the mildly annoying to the severely depressing and flipping through issue 23 of Dolly Dolly over in the doll corner on the ground floor I saw pages of Japanese instructions on how to customize Blythe, Pullips, Momokos and Petite Blythes. Not that I have never seen customized Petite Blythes before but it had never struck me until today that I might give a try myself. I have no idea why it hadn't. I guess seeing all the steps laid out in the magazine this way made it seem more possible than before.
So now I can't wait to get home and take my first petite, Yahzhi (The "Running Deer" Blythe) apart and see what there is to see. I have a tuft of mohair left over from last year when I finished Angora's re-root that I could use for her but I don't want to start in right away on hair. I'd like to look at what I could do with her face first.
When i came back to the office, I did a flickr search for custom Petite Blythe and there is just some incredible stuff, many of my favorites are done by Mix Michi on flickr. Truly inspiring.

I don't think that the person who uploaded the pic you used was happy with her work.... Ahh the joys of MSC and high humidity! The Petite in the Mix Michi is very pretty - love the pearly blue eyelids <3 Good luck working on your Petites - I suspect that it could become kind of addictive!
ReplyDeleteYou're right. This was one of the few petite Blythe custom pics I could find that enabled sharing via blog so I went with it.
ReplyDelete: )
hi!
ReplyDeletethat´s my picture...and was an unfortunately accident due to the humidity..I live in a mediteranean island and this sometimes happens.
I just upload that picture to share this kind of problems. :___( wet and msc: double work..
Not at all happy with that "work", as dollybird remarks...and I agree..petites are addictively cutes!
Pat! Thank you for the clarification! I hope you don't mind that I used it. It came up as I was searching custom petites on flickr. I'm really fascinated at the prospect of doing this myself soon and was looking for any tips I could find.
ReplyDelete: D
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI made a tutorial for the petite blythe opening and another for sewing a petite dress.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dulce_candy/6165184496/in/photostream
The link to the tutrials is right under the picture.
XOXO,
MixiMichi
OMIGOSH!!! Thank you so much!! I will look at it as soon as I can!
ReplyDeleteXXX
^__^