Monday, May 23, 2011

Neemo Custom Success!


I sprayed Castaneda's Neemo body on Saturday morning right before I took off to go to the Bust Craftacular with my friend Cece. I generally do it before I got out some where so that I don't have to sit in the noxious fumes while it dries. Due to so many past failures with Takara and Licca bodies, I was very wary about how the Neemo body would turn out despite the fact that all signs seemed to indicate that this would be a successful medium on which to paint anything. When I got home hours later it was dry but I was still paranoid and did a few finger pressing tests just to be sure. I also left it in Newspaper and cloth for a bit and picked it up later to see if it would stick. Both times it's been perfectly dry. I was able to put Castaneda's head on and I have to say, I do like it. I mean this body is actually so much more sophisticated and idealized than the Takara and Licca bodies that it's a bit intimidating for me. But I just adore the matte finish of her color so much! It's like velvet! I just love the way it reflects light! It's not harsh. Now if only the t-bars I ordered from Coolcat will just get here so I can start finishing her up.

3 comments:

  1. wow, she did come out fabulous. What exactly did you spray the body with, and is that the same as you used for the head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used "Krylon Fusion Ultra Flat Camo" spray paint. And yes I used it for her face plates as well. This was my first time using Krylon as well as a matte spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, I might just work up the courage to spray paint a girl this summer. I really love how it looks on yours.

    ReplyDelete