Unfortunately it was bit of a wash in terms of attendance and although I could see that there were not many responses to the meet in flickr from people actually attending I think I would have kicked my self if I didn't go and then saw a bunch of amazing pics afterward.
As predicted, it was a madhouse. I love that garden with all my heart but I hate people in mobs. As it was though, it wasn't so bad. However, only Mellissa, the organizer and a couple of her friends were able to make it. Paula (AKA Brooklynpablita) who works there and whom I was looking forward to meeting was unable to connect with us due to the overwhelming numbers of people which I'm sure just made her job a lot of fun. I hung out with Mel, Ross and Leslie for a few hours, taking pics of the dollies by this amazing Patrick Dougherty sculpture and then over by the tulips. I stayed on for a few hours after they left (they had driven all the way from Long Island and had a terrible time getting in) checking out all my old childhood haunts and lying in the sun trying to do some howe work before heading off to see an old friend who lives on St. Marks just a few blocks from the brownstone I used to live in as a child. I have to tell you that my heart has never left Brooklyn. I loved growing up there and hope one day to move back. I think if I moved back there I would start writing poetry again and that is a huge thing for me because I haven't felt that way in years. But Brooklyn makes me feel like writing.
Preview


No comments:
Post a Comment